Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Lams 2.3 - Wildfire Connection Problem

You may request notification for Lams 2.3 - Wildfire Connection Problem.
Search: 

1: Lams 2.3 - Wildfire Connection Problem
08/03/09 09:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello

Whenever I try to use the chat tool in LAMS a see the following message

Couldn't connect. Please try again...
Code: 503
Type: cancel
Condition: internal-server-error

Searching the forum i followed some of the suggestions but I still have the problem.

I have already edited the configuration setting changing the domain names. But I have noticed something strange in Wildfire server settings.

Despite the fact that I can access the chat server from web using domain address:9090 the server settings consider as server's IP the localhost adress 127.0.0.1. The log files also note 127.0.0.1 as address and not my static ip

A typical instance of my log file is

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(OutgoingServerSession.java:254)
at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(OutgoingServerSession.java:140)
at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPacket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)
at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:37)
at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:91)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2009.08.03 15:29:11 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:161)] Connection closed before session established
Socket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=37291,localport=5269]
2009.08.03 15:29:11 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:161)] Connection closed before session established
Socket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=37292,localport=5269]

I dont know if there is a problem since i have set the hostname in CentOS 5.3 with the same name as website's domain name.The server's name in wildfire settings is same as my website's domain name . To be more clear

CentOS 5.3 Hostname mysite.com

in LAMS

Chat Server Conference conference.mysite.com
Chat Server Domain mysite.com

in Wildfire

Server Name mysite.com

LAMS address mysite.com:8080/lams
Wildfire address mysite.com:9090

The SELinux settings are in permissive mode and I have opened the ports used by wildfire and LAMS

Thanks in advance

Haris

Posted by Haris Siempos

2: Re: Lams 2.3 - Wildfire Connection Problem
In response to 1 08/03/09 06:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Everything looks good - I've setup wildfire + lams on CentOS once and don't recall SELinux being a problem in that case. Did you restart Wildfire when changing the domain name in wildfire? You could also try using localhost as your wildfire domain name - in lams it would simply connect to localhost and conference.localhost.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS