Forum Problems Installing LAMS: JBoss Startup with lots of error messages ?

You may request notification for JBoss Startup with lots of error messages ?.
Search: 

1: JBoss Startup with lots of error messages ?
11/14/05 06:42 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,
Im trying to install LAMS as per the instrucions. I've done the build and install with no errors. When I stary JBoss up, I get 100's or errors all starting like the following.

Any Ideas

using JDK 1.4.2_10 from the Sun site as a bin
ant 1.6.5 from apache site as a tar.gz
mysql 4.1.11 using apt-get
OS = Debian sarge

12:34:52,603 INFO [ReflectHelper] reflection optimizer disabled for: com.webmcq.ld.content.ControlContent, BulkBeanException: Property is private (property setContentGroup)
12:34:52,792 INFO [ReflectHelper] reflection optimizer disabled for: com.webmcq.ld.content.QuestionContent, IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find matching method/constructor
12:34:53,457 INFO [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] Factory name: java:/HibernateFactory
12:34:53,457 INFO [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{}
12:34:53,459 INFO [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] Bound factory to JNDI name: java:/HibernateFactory
12:34:53,460 WARN [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] InitialContext did not implement EventContext
12:34:53,461 INFO [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{}
12:35:08,130 ERROR [Digester] Parse Error at line 3 column -1: Element type "tiles-definitions" is not declared.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "tiles-definitions" is not declared.
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.error(Parser2.java:3354)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1502)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:667)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:337)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1562)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.XmlParser.parse(XmlParser.java:277)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.parseXmlFile(I18nFactorySet.java:530)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.parseXmlFiles(I18nFactorySet.java:465)

Posted by Ian Boston

2: Re: JBoss Startup with lots of error messages ?
In response to 1 11/14/05 10:50 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
G'day Ian,

You get all these exceptions because JBOSS cannot access the some struts DTDs online.

Regardless of this exceptions, your LAMS system will work just fine.

The issue here is that when you upgrade struts to the newest versions (we had to do this since there were some bugs in 1.0.1), JBOSS for some strange reason, must have access to the DTDs. If it doesn't, then your LAMS instance (if you don't have online access) will just not start -at all.

We remove the reference for the DTD so what you get is a bunch of validation errors "Element type "tiles-definitions" is not declared."

Nevertheless, your LAMS server will work no probs.

Let me know if that's not the case.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: JBoss Startup with lots of error messages ?
In response to 1 02/28/06 09:29 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
This is fixed in the 20060223 build. :)

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

4: Re: JBoss Startup with lots of error messages ?
In response to 1 07/25/06 08:01 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have a problem like this, when try to run ./ run.sh
I see the message
[ReflectHelper] reflection optimizer disabled for: com.webmcq .ld.controller.OptionalTaskInstance, BulkBeanException: Property is private (pro perty setSubTaskInstances)

and when try to open de page localhost:8080/lams I see

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No se puede compilar la clase para JSP

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null
20:40:57,634 ERROR [Engine] Exception:
Error running /descargas_/j2sdk1.4.2_12/bin/javac compiler
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.DefaultCompilerAdapter.executeExternalCompile(DefaultCompilerAdapter.java:455)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.JavacExternal.execute(JavacExternal.java:81)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:840)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:682)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:317)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:473)
at org

please tell me what I can do it?

Posted by eagle fredy

5: Re: JBoss Startup with lots of error messages ?
In response to 1 07/30/06 10:25 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello,

What user are you running run.sh as? Is it a user that has write access to the lams folder directory tree? Try 'chown -R /usr/local/lams {your username}', or just run it using the same user you used to install it.

If that doesn't work out, could you post or email your boot.log and server.log? They are located in /usr/local/lams/jboss/server/default/log - unless you installed into another location.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: JBoss Startup with lots of error messages ?
In response to 1 11/01/06 09:57 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Got some problem on installing jboss, after downloading it and decompressing the jboss-4.0.2.tar.gz, i tried to run jboss on ssh by executing the ./run.sh under the jboss-4.0.2/bin directory when i saw that the Jboss is running i tried to access it using my browser by typing http://hostname:8080 but connection time out is all i got and i tried to netstat -an on it there's none listening or bound to port 8080, i tried to change it using the [JBOSS_HOME]/server/default/jbossweb55.sar/server/xml to change the port number to 8083, but still none was listening to that port. Any idea about my problem? sorry its my first time using jboss i hope someone could help me on it. Thanks in Advance

Posted by Jeffrey Jarin

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS