Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration

Search: 

2: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 1 04/28/10 02:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Alex,

I think what you need is just the temp_moodle_dev/moodle/mod/lamstwo directory (http://goo.gl/tdkI)

Or, you can just download the latest export from here

There's also installation instructions and the changelog here

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 2 04/28/10 02:47 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ernie, thank you very much for your help!

I successfully done this step, but my aim is to use moodle tools inside LAMS 2.3.4. I got temp_moodle_dev, tool_adapters and lams_build projects from CVS, but i have compiler error after "ant deploy-tool", i think it may be because of incompatible version of some project.

Will be very appreciate for any help, my lams and server logs attached.

Sincerely,
Alexander

Posted by Alex Lifanov

Attachments:
4: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 3 04/28/10 06:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

If you are getting a compiler error, the tools are not deploying and hence they wont appear when you start lams.

Can you please post the output of the ant deploy-tool task here and perhaps we can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks,

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 4 04/29/10 04:00 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke, thank you very much for your help!

By defaul i have this string in my windows.properties file: j2eelibs=${jboss.home}/common/lib

But this dir does not exist:

Microsoft Windows XP [Версия 5.1.2600]
(С) Корпорация Майкрософт, 1985-2001.

>cd C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment

C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment>ant deploy-tool

Buildfile: C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build.xml

generate-hbm-files:

BUILD FAILED
C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build.xml:239: c:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\common\lib does not exist.

Total time: 0 seconds

Then i put j2eelibs=${jboss.home}/lib and run ant again:

Buildfile: C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build.xml

generate-hbm-files:
    [echo] Building hbm.xml files using XDoclet
[hibernatedoclet] - Running <hibernate/>
[hibernatedoclet] Generating mapping file for org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdasgm.model.MdlAssignmentUser.
[hibernatedoclet]    org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdasgm.model.MdlAssignmentUser

[hibernatedoclet] Generating mapping file for org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdasgm.model.MdlAssignmentSession.
[hibernatedoclet]    org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdasgm.model.MdlAssignmentSession
[hibernatedoclet] Generating mapping file for org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdasgm.model.MdlAssignment.
[hibernatedoclet]    org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdasgm.model.MdlAssignment

clean-build:
  [delete] Deleting directory C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\classes\java
  [delete] Deleting directory C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\classes\test\java
  [delete] Deleting directory C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\lib
  [delete] Deleting directory C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\deploy
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\classes\java
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\classes\test\java
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\lib
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\deploy

compile-java:
    [javac] C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build.xml:96: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 30 source files to C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build\classes\java
    [javac] C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\src\java\org\lamsfoundation\lams\tool\mdasgm\service\MdlAssignmentOutputFactory.java:37: org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdasgm.service.MdlAssignmentOutputFactory is not abstract and does not override abstract method getToolOutputDefinitions(java.lang.Object,int) in org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.OutputFactory
    [javac] public class MdlAssignmentOutputFactory extends OutputFactory {
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\src\java\org\lamsfoundation\lams\tool\mdasgm\service\MdlAssignmentService.java:97: org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.mdasgm.service.MdlAssignmentService is not abstract and does not ove
rride abstract method getSupportedToolOutputDefinitionClasses(int) in org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.ToolContentManager
    [javac] public class MdlAssignmentService implements ToolSessionManager, ToolAdapterContentManager, IMdlAssignmentService,
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\src\java\org\lamsfoundation\lams\tool\mdasgm\service\MdlAssignmentService.java:621: warning: [deprecation] readLine() in java.io.DataInputStream has been deprecated
    [javac]            String str = inStream.readLine();
    [javac]                                  ^
    [javac] 2 errors
    [javac] 1 warning

BUILD FAILED
C:\tool_adapters\moodle\lams_tool_mdlassignment\build.xml:96: Compile failed; se
e the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 11 seconds

Thanks again!

Posted by Alex Lifanov

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 5 04/29/10 07:12 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

It appears from the build logs that you are trying to build against the lams head code (which as of a couple of months ago expects to build with jboss-5.1-GA).

As such there are some folder changes and little differences in the build scripts that cause it to fail with jboss-4.0.2

I suggest the best way to go forward for you is to instead build from the 2.3 branch, so instead of checking out the code from head use the following command:

cvs -z3 -d :extssh:lfoxton@lamscvs.melcoe.mq.edu.au:/usr/local/cvsroot co -r lams2_3_release all

that should fix your problems,

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 6 05/11/10 06:18 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Luke, thank you very much for solving my problem!

I got lams_build project with lams2_3_release tag and tool_adapters with lams2_3_1 tag and now it's ok!

Sincerely,
Alexander

Posted by Alex Lifanov

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 7 05/11/10 07:08 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Please tell me is there a tool_adapters for LAMS 2.3.4? i got project with lams2_3_1 tag, so i can use it only with LAMS 2.3.1?

Posted by Alex Lifanov

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 8 05/11/10 05:28 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

I think it should be fine to use the 2.3.4 tag with the 2.3.1 tag for the tool_adapters.

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 7 05/11/10 07:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I compiled moodle tools inside LAMS 2.3.4 and LAMS 2.3.1 and made setting in LAMS "Tool Management". I can see them in LAMS editor now, but when i add them on my author desktop and try to edit their properties - i get:

Page Not Found
The page you requested was not found.

Posted by Alex Lifanov

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 9 05/11/10 05:31 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

So the problem occurs when you try to go to the moodle tool's author page? Is that right?

If so, have you followed the steps to add the tool layers on top of your moodle installation, as described on the page below?

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Moodle+Tool+Adapter

Posted by Luke Foxton

12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 11 05/12/10 07:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Luke!

I made LAMS-Moodle integration and i can use LAMS inside Moodle now, but my final step is to use moodle tools inside LAMS. Here is what i've done:

1. i got "temp_moodle_dev" project and made a copy of the moodle directory to my moodle.
2. i made sql-queries for all tools in moodle DB like that:
alter table mdl_scorm add column is_lams int(1) default 0;
3. i made: alter table mdl_course_modules add column is_lams int(1) default 0;
4. in "Maintain Integrated Servers" i made "moodle" everywhere and this URL: http://10.10.10.110/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php?ts=%timestamp%&un=%username%&hs=%hash%
5. in Moodle's LAMS v2 settings i made "moodle" and "http://10.10.10.110:8180/lams" URL (valadation ok).
6. i got lams_build project (tag - lams2_3_release) and tool_adapters project (tag - lams2_3_1), made settings and "ant deploy-tool" was successful.
7. i set "moodle" flag in Tool Management (as far as i remember, i had to set callback URLs at this step in LAMS 2.2, is it now automate??)

That is all, now i can add moodle tools in my LAMS editor (running LAMS editor from Moodle course), but i can't set any properties for them - there is "page not found error".

Will be very appresiate for any help,

Sincerely,
Alex

Posted by Alex Lifanov

13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 12 05/13/10 01:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
is it depends on versions of LAMS and Moodle? can i use latest versions for tool integration?

or may it be the problem with tools compilation? ANT said "build successful", but it's not а guarantee, isn't it? i attached my server logs, will be very appreciate for any help.

Alex.

Posted by Alex Lifanov

Attachments:
14: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 12 05/13/10 03:11 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
sorry for lots of questions: what version of temp_moodle_dev project should i use to make tool integration (Moodle 1.8 with LAMS 2.3.1/2.3.4)? version with lams2_3_1 tag fails to install in my moodle, should i try moodle_1_8-20080918 or adapter_mdl_195_20090515?

Thank you ahead!

Posted by Alex Lifanov

15: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle and LAMS 2.3.4 tool integration
In response to 12 05/13/10 06:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delayed response,

So for the "page not found" error, can you you see two frames?

In the author page there should be two frames, the one on top being lams, the one on the bottom being the moodle tool. If you can use firefox's option to show only the bottom frame.
right-click->this frame->show only this frame.

Then you should be able to see the url in question that is throwing the "page not found error". It should look something like this:
http://moodle.lamscommunity.org/moodle/mod/assignment/assignment_types.php?add=assignment&course=2§ion=144&is_learner=0

So there is a few things you can check here:
1) Is the url correct, does is the path correctly point to the php file in moodle.
2) Does the php file even exist (have you copied it to the correct location)
3) Is the file throwing an error, if so you should be able to see in the moodle logs.

Hope this gives you some guidance on the next steps to take.

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS