Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page

You may request notification for Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page.
Search: 

1: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
06/09/10 11:29 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I am facing an issue, after clicking an author page the details are not loaded.i.e Tool information is not loaded. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Gopinath.M

Posted by gopinath mohanraj

2: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 1 06/10/10 12:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gopinath,

Login as sysadmin, goto the sysadmin menu and then "Edit Configuration Settings". In there, look for "Server URL".

If it is set to "http://localhost:8080/lams" and you are trying to access LAMS from another location (rather than the server itself), change this to be the IP or domain of the server machine.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 1 06/10/10 12:33 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks for your reply.

Still i am facing the same issue. do i need to install the flashplayer in the server machine also.

Thanks
Gopinath.M

4: Re: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 3 06/10/10 12:46 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
No, you don't nee to install the flashplayer on the server.

What is your server IP? and what is the value in Server URL?

What is the URL you are entering in your browser?

Thanks,

Ernie

5: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 1 06/11/10 03:18 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I have solved this issue by configuring my IP address and now uncheck my pop up blocker in firefox. now i am able to run the application.

Thanks for your comments.

Gopinath.m

6: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 1 06/21/10 02:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

I would access my lams application using the URL.http://xxxx.com means do i need to update the same in the configuration (sysadmin)edit configuration settings . correct me if i am wrong. because i have provided this as my IP address. i would like the change the IP to the domain name. please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Gopinath.M

7: Re: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 6 06/22/10 01:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Gopinath,

Yes, once you get a domain, it will be better to change the ServerURL configuration setting in LAMS as per the domain rather than the IP.

Thanks,

Ernie

8: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 1 06/22/10 10:42 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have provided the URL name in the serverurl under edit configuration settings . but this will not reflected in lams application. The front page is not displayed the content ?

Correct me if i am wrong, do i need to set the same URL name which i configured via edit configuration is also put it in lams properties file under /etc folder .

Thanks and Regards,
Gopinath.M

9: Re: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 8 06/22/10 10:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> do i need to set the same URL name which i configured via edit configuration is also put it in lams properties file under /etc folder .

No.

You need to set up the serverURL but login into LAMS as sysadmin, then going to the Sysadmin menu, then Edit configuration settings and then change the Server URL to your new IP/domain like: http://lams.com:8080/lams/ (if LAMS is running in port 80, no need to put the :8080)

Thanks

Ernie

10: Re: Re: Re: Author Page does not loaded after clicking author button in login page
In response to 9 06/22/10 10:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> edit configuration is also put it in lams properties file under /etc folder

BTW, the lams.properties file in unix is only used fro upgrades and installations

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS