Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Re-installing Lams

Search: 

7: Re: Re: Re-installing Lams
In response to 6 10/04/10 04:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Steve,

The problem here is the URL you entered in the "User information URL" on the LAMS Side (see here).

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

8: Re: Re: Re: Re-installing Lams
In response to 7 10/04/10 09:21 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie but I have tried both URL's and get the same result.

I have since tried entering: "http://192.9.200.84/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php" directly into a browser window and get: "Notice: Undefined index: ts in /moodleroot/www/moodle/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined index: un in /moodleroot/www/moodle/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined index: hs in /moodleroot/www/moodle/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php on line 25

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /moodleroot/www/moodle/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php:23) in /moodleroot/www/moodle/mod/lamstwo/userinfo.php on line 26"

I have also found that I don't have a lamstwo database in mysql despite the moodle>administration>notification telling me all tables were created.

Thank you for your interest.

Posted by Steve Squires

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re-installing Lams
In response to 8 10/05/10 06:50 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've given up on trying to fix this and am doing a complete remove and install.

Posted by Steve Squires

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re-installing Lams
In response to 8 10/05/10 03:33 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Steve,

Is your Moodle and LAMS server able to "see each other"? Are they on the same network? You can test this by pinging from one server to another one.

I believe one of your server might be on an internal (behind a NAT) network therefore LAMS won't be able to reach and get the user details it requires.

Given these issues, which you aren't the first one to have, I believe we need to revisit the integrations.

For one, simplify the configuration settings. So you would only need to set up a password on both sides and let the server exchange all the rest of the configuration details.

Two, the "User Information URL" if you are behind a NAT, it won't work at all. So pass users details on each request might be the other option. Is a bit tedious and might take a slight performance hit, but it shouldn't be that hard though.

As we are embarking on Moodle 2 integration, I'll take these into account and see if they can be implemented too.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re-installing Lams
In response to 10 10/06/10 01:20 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ernie,

Thanks again for the interest.

Both Moodle and LAMS were on the same machine! There was no firewall and Moodle said the settings were valid.

I am currently rebuilding the machine, from OS (Debian, Lenny) up and will try afreash.

Regards, Steve.

Posted by Steve Squires

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS