Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Handling users and groups in batches

Search: 

2: Re: Handling users and groups in batches
In response to 1 10/19/10 04:13 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Frank,

> i might be looking with my nose -

I do that all the time too! ;-)

> - delete a whole bunch of users in one action

Good point. I don't think we ever had a request to delete users in batch. My guess is that people tend to keep the users and only disable very few when the need occurs.

Now if what you mean is removing a user from a course, this is quite easy. Just select the course and select one or all the users to be remove from the course, click OK and bang!

> - delete a whole bunch of groups in one action

You can archive groups in LAMS but not delete them. A record will always be kept.

Once a Course/group is archive no one can see it.

> - add users to a group in one single action

You can do this by using the spreadsheets. Note that there's two the create user spreadsheet and the assign users to courses spreadsheet. (See Sysadmin menu). http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Import+Users

> - email a group or a selection of users in one single action

I think there's a task we have schedule to do this in LAMS 2.4 but it's yet available.

> Is an LDAP server considered to be mandatory instead of optional?

It is completely optional. You don't require LDAP at all. But if you do have LDAP you can have LAMS authenticating against LDAP as well as with its own database too. So it's quite flexible for authentication.

Hope this helps,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum