Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Problem on previewing an embed sequence

Search: 

3: Re: Problem on previewing an embed sequence
In response to 1 01/12/11 10:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

It seems that in some cases Wordpress changes the embedding code you paste. Unfortunately this is very annoying but I guess they do it to prevent people from adding javascript stuff (as we do).

Attached you can find a .txt file that I believe should work for your sequence. I have manually modify the links to it doesn't make use of javascript. It has a drawback though as the windows when you click on the preview button won't be on a particular size but just set at whatever side the browser decides.

I have tested this with a version of Wordpress that I downloaded and it worked. It also works with blogspot.com and blogger.

With the OU UK guys I was working on an oembed version and it was working fine, but I haven't been able to resume this work as I've been doing some LAMS work. But once I get back to this, hopefully we can use oembed to add lessons to Wordpress.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
5: Re: Re: Problem on previewing an embed sequence
In response to 3 01/12/11 04:53 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
6: Problem on previewing an embed sequence
In response to 3 01/19/11 10:19 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Is it possible to add a second Embed button? e.g. Embed(WordPress) to automate produce the code to embed a lams sequence in it in the form we have seen that it works.

I thank you very much in advance!

:-)
Spyros

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

7: Re: Problem on previewing an embed sequence
In response to 6 02/13/11 10:52 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

Now I have simplified the embedding script so all sequences in LAMS Central can be embedded in pretty much any blog as plain HTML (including Wordpress).

So now you can add them all.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

8: Re: Re: Problem on previewing an embed sequence
In response to 7 02/13/11 03:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

Great news!

It works very well.

Thanks,

Spyros