Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Moodle Lams Integration Error

You may request notification for Moodle Lams Integration Error.
Search: 

1: Moodle Lams Integration Error
12/11/05 08:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I got Lams correctly installed but now am getting an error in Moodle when after I do all the steps to integrate the two together:

An unexpected error returned from LAMS server:soapenv:Server.userException: java.rmi.RemoteException: Fail to fetch user data from external server:ourserver - Unexpected return HTTP Status; nested exception is: java.lang.Exception: Fail to fetch user data from external server:ourserver - Unexpected return HTTP Status! Please contact your administrator.

I've used moodle/php/mysql but am completely new to Lams/Java. Thanks.

Posted by Jeremy Shankle

2: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 12/11/05 10:35 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jeremy,

You get this message when LAMS can't access Moodle to get the users data from it to create the account on LAMS.

Can you post here the insert statement you added to the LAMS MySQL db, the server name for your Moodle and LAMS servers?

That'll help us figure out the problem.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 12/12/05 12:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
mysql> insert into ext_server_org_map
(serverid, serverkey, servername, serverdesc, prefix, orgid) values
('ourserver', 'secretkey2005', 'Practice Server',
'Server using Moodle installed in this and that location',
'ar', '1020');

mysql> update ext_server_org_map
set userinfo_url = 'http://www.itbtraining.com/etraining/mod/lams/userinfo?un=%username%&ts=%timestamp%&hs=%hash%'
where orgid = '1030';

I pretty much cut and pasted from the integration page trying to get it to work. I am probably making a pretty dumb mistake, but have no clue what.

Posted by Jeremy Shankle

4: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 12/12/05 06:30 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Oh, my mistake in copying. I enter 1020 (which is the correct value) for both of them, not 1020 and 1030 as I put here. Sorry if that created confusion.

Posted by Dean Shankle

5: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 12/12/05 06:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Did you restart the LAMS server before trying the integration ...?

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

6: Re: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 5 12/12/05 07:07 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm pretty sure you don't need to restart LAMS after the insert. But it won't hurt I guees :-)

7: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 12/12/05 07:54 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yeah, thank you, I did try, but it did not help. Any other ideas why this could be?

Posted by Jeremy Shankle

8: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 12/12/05 08:26 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ahh OK. I think this is a mistake on our part, the documentation's userinfo_url is missing a piece.

Just run this update command in mysql:

mysql> update ext_server_org_map
set userinfo_url = 'http://www.itbtraining.com/etraining/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=%username%&ts=%timestamp%&hs=%hash%'
where orgid = '1020';

and see if that works... you can see there was a missing '.php' in the URL.

Thanks for posting - another error fixed!

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

9: Re: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 8 12/12/05 09:14 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
It works! Thanks for the help, I'm glad that it helped with the documentation.

Posted by Jeremy Shankle

10: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 1 12/13/05 11:06 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have installed Lams under OS X 10.4 and I am now trying to integrate it with Moodle 1.5

I've followed the installation instructions that came with the Lams Moodle module and the module appears in the list of installed modules. The table appears in the db, however, when I try to edit the settings for the module (as per point 5 in the instructions) I'm met with a blank screen.

Additionally, this has also crippled my admin/index.php page. Removing the module fixes moodle but I'm stuck now.

Any ideas?

Incidentally, there are some changes I've noted that need making to the install notes - especially for Lams itself. Once I have correctly installed this, I'll submit my findings to you. It'll help OSX people as the Unix notes aren't the same for OSX users.

Posted by Steve Gale

11: Re: Re: Moodle Lams Integration Error
In response to 10 12/13/05 05:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Steve,

If you are using PHP5 with webservices support, I think the error you might be getting is presented here. In there you can find a work around it as well.

Let us know how it goes.

If you have any comments or suggestions about the installation guide (did you use this one?), let us know so we can improve them accordingly.

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS