Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: LessonLAMS Your Account

You may request notification for LessonLAMS Your Account.
Search: 

1: LessonLAMS Your Account
10/22/11 01:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

I hope you are well.
Is it possible to add a new option "Language: " in Your Account page on LessonLAMS?

A lot of people in Greece ask me about it. They want to be able to use the user interface of LAMS in LessonLAMS in Greek.

Thanks,

Spyros

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

2: Re: LessonLAMS Your Account
In response to 1 11/03/11 09:12 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

As you know, LessonLAMS is based on LAMS but it has a lot of extensions that are built on top.

I believe we can make this extensions translatable. But let me have a word with Andrey (the main developer) and I get back to you.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: LessonLAMS Your Account
In response to 1 11/03/11 03:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Spyros,

I think it's quite possible.

just list the stuff that needs to be done:
- check all labels are internationalized (don't think it will require a lot of time);
- add a new page where user can select the language (it should be relatively easy if this is all that should be done for supporting change of the languages);
- translate pedagogical planner (as far as I know it hasn't been translated as yet);
- and yeah, translate the lessonlams' labels itself ;)

here is another point to consider:
we had some updates for lessonlams that are pending. and probably won't be able to release that one before the previous changes get released.

quoting Ernie, "I think we would need to track what language each users is when they sign up, match it to the user language in LAMS, etc."
not so sure if I follow that, how can we know what language each user is using?

for now I can propose the following: set default language to English. and then users can change prefered languages from the list of available ones (just like in regular Lams). Will that work?

thanks,
Andrey

Posted by Andrey Balan

4: Re: Re: LessonLAMS Your Account
In response to 3 11/07/11 08:29 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andrey,

If you set default language to English and then users can change prefered languages from the list of available ones (just like in regular Lams)it is ok.

Thanks,

Spyros

Posted by Spyros Papadakis

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum