Forum Problems Installing LAMS: End of my rope with lams

You may request notification for End of my rope with lams.
Search: 

1: End of my rope with lams
01/26/06 04:33 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm about to say that this just isn't a good idea. It said it installed correct and now when i try to start up:
17:32:04,584 ERROR [Server] start failed
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: JMImplementation:service=LoaderRepository,name=Default
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1010)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:804)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.initBootLibraries(ServerImpl.java:440)
at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:261)
at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:221)
at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:148)
at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:381)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: JMImplementation:service=LoaderRepository,name=Default
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1010)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:804)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.initBootLibraries(ServerImpl.java:440)
at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:261)
at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:221)
at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:148)
at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:381)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Posted by Jeremy Shankle

2: Re: End of my rope with lams
In response to 1 01/26/06 04:35 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jeremy,

Are you using Sun's 1.4.2 sdk?

LAMS 1.0.x won't work with 1.5.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: End of my rope with lams
In response to 1 01/26/06 06:24 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Sorry about my frustration in my last post. I, like a few other people I've seen in this forum, have done a lot more installing of php apps. Yes, 1.5 was installed on the server. I did sort of guess that that was the problem, I put 1.4.2 sdk on the server, but am not sure how I need to install lams so that it can use 1.4.2, while not having to uninstall 1.5, since there is another app using it. If there is a simple answer that would be great.
Thanks for any advice, I'm more frustrated with me than lams.

Posted by Jeremy Shankle

4: Re: Re: End of my rope with lams
In response to 3 01/26/06 06:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jeremy,

No worries. A suggestion to cure frustration is a bottle of fine Australian red wine, Shiraz-Cabernet whenever possible. It works quite well for me ;-)

Now that you have installed 1.4.2, I think all you need is to make sure that the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the path where your 1.4.2 is installed.

$ export JAVA_HOME=/path/to/j2sdk1.4.2_09 (for instance)

After that, just run LAMS as usual. It should do the trick. Post your log here otherwise.

Thanks,

Ernie

5: Re: Re: End of my rope with lams
In response to 3 01/26/06 06:50 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Oh, one more thing... if you are running lams as a service, assumming that you have gone thru the steps in the Manual installation guide (Install LAMS as service (optional) section), then you can just modify the /etc/lams.conf to change the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Ernie

6: Re: End of my rope with lams
In response to 1 01/26/06 09:18 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Outstanding! Thank you so much for the help. I will have to take your advice about the Australian wine. However, this evening, I am going to crack open a bottle of a New Hampshire (,United States, where I live) micro-brew beer: The Smuttynose S'muttonator Double Bock.

Posted by Jeremy Shankle

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS