Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support

Search: 

12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support
In response to 10 04/29/13 01:02 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Atif,

So are you saying that after overwriting main.jsp to mainflash.jsp, and recompiling LAMS, you are still getting the Flash plugin?

Maybe you should be removing the jboss-5.1/server/default/tmp and jboss-5.1/server/default/work directories and restart jboss. Can you try that?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

13: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support
In response to 12 04/29/13 01:24 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Atif,

Let me be a bit more specific on the things you would need to change, just in case:

Go into the code:

$ cd lams_learning

then copy main.jsp on top of mainnoflash.jsp and mainflash.jsp:

$ cp web/main.jsp web/mainflash.jsp
$ cp web/main.jsp web/mainnoflash.jsp

then redeploy the lams_learning:

$ ant deploy-war

Delete the jboss-5.1/server/default/tmp and jboss-5.1/server/default/work folders

and restart jboss.

Thanks,

Ernie

14: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support
In response to 13 04/30/13 03:17 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Ernie,

Thanks for your detailed input because last time you didn't advise to replace mainnoflash.jsp as well, you only asked for mainflash.jsp :)

However, I followed your instructions and it's still not working ... not sure what is going wrong as I don't see anything unusual in log files as well.

I can't insert images here so I am attaching a document, steps I followed with screenshots for your review.

Posted by Atif Rasheed

Attachments:
15: Re: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support
In response to 14 04/30/13 04:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Atif,

I had a look at the attached document and I'm pretty certain that I know what's happening.

If you look at the messages above, I mentioned that we have been working on turning the learner and monitor interface to non-Flash interfaces.

However, on the last picture of your document, you are trying to open LAMS Author. But, LAMS Author is still 100% a Flash interface and probably will remain like this for some time.

The main reason for this is because LAMS Author require some features that are still quite complex to do with HTML5 and SVGs, like drag and drop, multiple level branching, etc.

So I think teacher will still be required to use Flash for creating sequences.

Having said that though, students would not longer require flash as their interface will be fully non-Flash. So they'll be able to use tablets or mobiles to access their LAMS sequence without loosing any functionality.

Same thing for teachers/tutors that need to monitor their lessons.

I hope this clarifies the scope a bit better.

Thanks,

Ernie

16: Re: Re: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support
In response to 15 04/30/13 04:47 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie, my apologies I must have lost it some where in the conversation track. Didn't notice that Author interface is not mobile enabled at the moment. But you have rightly said that mobile interface for Author is not really necessary if Learner and Monitor interface are Mobile enabled.

However, I have tested the Learner interface and it's working great, will get back to you if we found any problems with it. When we should expect nonflash Monitor interface in CVS ?

Great thanks and have a great evening.

Posted by Atif Rasheed

17: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support
In response to 16 04/30/13 04:51 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> However, I have tested the Learner interface and it's working great, will get back to you if we found any problems with it. When we should expect nonflash
> Monitor interface in CVS ?

It's already there... have a look at this post above for details on how to access it.

Thanks,

Ernie

18: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support
In response to 17 04/30/13 04:54 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks, I was actually using my Moodle to access learner and monitor interface.

Posted by Atif Rasheed

19: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mobile (Android based Smart Phone and Tablet) support
In response to 18 04/30/13 04:59 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ah, ok... so if you are coming from Moodle, you probably won't see it though.

Once we finished with this interface, we'll link it from Moodle. No worries.

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum