Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Problem building LAMS on Sakai 2-1-1(source installation)

Search: 

5: Re: Problem building LAMS on Sakai 2-1-1(source installation)
In response to 1 04/24/06 10:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Galina,

I tried building Sakai 2.1.2 and the Sakai-LAMS-tool from source, and encountered some hurdles:

- first, maven couldn't download the required 2.0.1 dependencies, so like you I changed the version from '2.0.1' to 'sakai_2-1-2' (after doing this i wasn't sure if it would work at all even if it did build successfully, but at this point i was just trying to get it to build).
- after that, one of the listed dependencies (sakai-jsf-widgets-1) failed to download, and after googling (http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/ENC/JSF+Tag+JARs+in+Sakai+2.5) I decided to just comment that bit out of the project.xml.
- this is when I got a similar error, 'Goal 'clean_build_deploy' does not exist in this project'.  Not sure why this came up, but I got around it by copy/pasting the sakai plugin dependency from sakai-src/project.xml into sakai-lams/project.xml.  It looks like this:

<dependency>
            <groupId>sakaiproject</groupId>
            <artifactId>sakai</artifactId>
            <version>${sakai.plugin.version}</version>
            <type>plugin</type>
        </dependency>

I replaced ${sakai.plugin.version} with '2.2' (as in my .maven/repository/sakaiproject/plugins directory I already had a sakai-2.2.jar).

After that, BUILD SUCCESSFUL.

Then I tested it out on my local machine - didn't work.  See the attached file for the exception I got.

I used Tomcat 5.5.16, JDK 1.4.2_04, Maven 1.0.2.  Fei, not sure why 5.5.16 didn't compile for you <confused>

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum