Forum Problems Installing LAMS: install lams

You may request notification for install lams.
Search: 

1: install lams
12/08/06 09:55 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hello groups!

I'm a new user of lams,i want to install lams2.0 in windows system,i correctly installed JDK and Mysql,but when i install lams2.0 indicate problem that database can't create successfully,i don't know what the problem happend? can you explain how do solve it?

thankyou!!!

Posted by ablet wayit

2: Re: install lams
In response to 1 12/08/06 10:00 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ablet,

Can you make sure that MySQL is running? Also can you double check that the root password for MySQL was entered properly in the LAMS installer?

Here's a page with installation instructions for LAMS 2.0.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: install lams
In response to 1 12/08/06 11:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
thanks ernie!
i'm sure i correctly entered mysql root password.i read the installation instruction lams2.0 for windows and find my installing process is in accodance with the instruction.
is it problem with my windows system?

Posted by ablet wayit

4: Re: Re: install lams
In response to 3 12/08/06 01:50 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ablet,

I can't find where the installer put the log in the file system. However you can see the output of the installation as it's installing by clicking the "Show Details" button while it's copying/installing files.

Can you enter here what error you get when it to the part where it trying to create the database in MySQL (see the attached picture to see the MySQL steps I'm refering to).

Thanks,

Ernie

Attachments:
5: Re: install lams
In response to 1 12/10/06 08:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hi ernie!!
i installed lams successfully! thanks for your help!!
now i want to integrating lams with moodle,but i dont know how to integrating them,i find some information about this topics,it's too proffesional to understand. can you help me to explain how to integrating them?

Posted by ablet wayit

6: Re: Re: install lams
In response to 5 12/10/06 09:46 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ablet,

We have not yet released the LAMS 2.0 module for Moodle as we are still testing it. For this new module though, we have simplify the process of integration a lot, so it should be much easier.

The code is already in our CVS server but we haven't been able to fully test it as we were working on the 2.0 release. In the next two week or even less, we should have this LAMS2.0-Moodle module out including with the integration documentation, etc.

Keep an eye on this forum for the announcement

Thanks,

Ernie

7: Re: install lams
In response to 1 12/10/06 11:50 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hi ernie!
i'm very grateful for your answer! i look forward to releasing lams2.0 module for moodle.
now,i have other difficult on lams.i can enter the lams2.0 with admin name and password,but i don't know how to enter the sequence settings window?

Posted by ablet wayit

8: Re: Re: install lams
In response to 7 12/10/06 12:03 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ablet,

I'm not so sure what you mean by sequence setting window. Do you mean Author sequences? if so there should be an Author tab at the top of the page as soon as you login.

If you mean changing LAMS configuration settings, if you logged in as a system administrator you should be able to see a SysAdmin Link in the page after you logged in.

Let me know if you mean otherwise.

Ernie

9: Re: install lams
In response to 1 12/10/06 12:28 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
ernie!
i'm so sorry that i didn't discribe correctly. yes,you are right i mean author sequence. your answer is clear,noe,i know how to enter it.
what is difference between author sequence and learn sequence?
can you suggest me how to most efficiently
study the lams? how should i study?
thanks!!

Posted by ablet wayit

10: Re: Re: install lams
In response to 9 12/10/06 03:53 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ablet,

I would suggest you start with the Teacher's Guide. That should be you a good insight on how LAMS works. I know I know, it's a bit tedious and heavy. Hopefully, we'll have some better animations on how to use LAMS, just as we did with the older version

Thanks,

Ernie

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS