Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Internal Server Error

Search: 

3: Re: Internal Server Error
In response to 2 10/07/05 08:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Marc,

I would probably need a bit more info to help you out.

But before that, let me clarify a bit how the installer works in Mac OS X (10.3.x and 10.4.x).

Once you have Xcode and MySQL installed and MySQL is running, you have green light to install the LAMS package.

The LAMS packages is pkg file that installs basically two things:

* LAMS 1.0.2 server and
* a LAMS server controller (as an application).

If the installation finished successfully, the LAMS server controller application should pop-up automatically prompting you to start the LAMS server. (see attached picture 1). (note:
The LAMS server controller app gets installed in your /Application folder.)

Once you click on "Start Server", you will be asked to enter your password, as LAMS server requires administrator access to be run). For some reason in OS X 10.3.x, you will be prompt to enter your password twice -I know, annoying, I'll work on that). If you enter your password correctly, then the application will tell the LAMS server to get started and it will pop-up a browser telling you to wait for about 45 seconds until the server gets up and running (see picture 2).

After 45 seconds, the browser will be redirected to the LAMS login page: http://localhost:8080/lams (see picture 3)

By default, the administrator user details to login into LAMS are:

u: lamsadmin
p: lamsadminpw

(make sure you change the password once you login for the first time -you change this by going into the Administrator Menu).

Would you be able to tell in which step in the process is it failing for you?

Did the package installer ended up successfully? Did you get to see the LAMS server controller screen? Can you access it from your /Application folder?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
4: Re: Re: Internal Server Error
In response to 3 10/13/05 10:53 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ernie, I seem to be experiencing the same problem as Marc.

The package installer was successful and the LAMS server controller launched automatically.

I just can't get to the login screen (picture 3), after 45 secs on picture 2 I get the same "org.apache.jasper.JasperException" error report.

The MySQL Server Instance is running, as is the LAMS Server v1.0.2. I have tried turning off my firewall temporarily to see if that helped, but I am now stuck.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Stewart

Posted by Stewart Cromar

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS