Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Deploying a new tool interferes with existing tool.

Search: 

2: Re: Deploying a new tool interferes with existing tool.
In response to 1 08/02/07 04:03 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I'm afraid I'm too tired to give a decent explanation here (its been a long day for me) but I'll give you the short answer.

The problem file is in db/sql/tool_insert.sql. The name of the service bean is in there too.

In the directory db/sql there are 5 scripts you might need to change at some stage:
create_lams_tool_mc.sql and drop_lams_tool_mc.sql contain the definitions of the tool's tables. So if you want to add any columns, etc then you need to change create_lams_tool_mc.sql

activity_insert.sql, library_insert.sql and tool_insert.sql all insert rows in the LAMS system tables. These are the rows that tell LAMS all about your tool. A tool is defined in tool_insert and wrapped up in an activity (defined in activity_insert.sql). Its actually the activity record that matches the icon you see in learning. Finally the activity is wrapper up in a library, but you don't ever see the library anywhere - its just an internal system thing.

In the sql scripts, if you see entries like ${learning_library_id}, ${tool_id}, etc leave them alone. They are macros that are replaced by our tool installation program and if you replace them with anything else, your tool probably won't appear in authoring, or it won't work properly.

Hopefully this will get you passed this hurdle!

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

3: Re: Re: Deploying a new tool interferes with existing tool.
In response to 2 08/02/07 10:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thank you very much Fiona.

It worked.

Posted by Karthikeyan Chidambaram

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS