Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Windows Installer

You may request notification for Windows Installer.
Search: 

1: Windows Installer
09/20/05 08:05 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Having problems with the Windows installer? Let us know right here.

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

2: Where do I get an organization key?
In response to 1 09/20/05 08:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]

Short answer: No where. You don't longer need it.

Long answer: the organization key was an attempt from the LAMS Foundation to organize and better support organizations that were using LAMS. However, on the trials that we run with it, most people find it rather cumbersome to set this up and work around it. So we decided to drop it

From LAMS version 1.0.2, the installer will not longer ask you to enter and organization key.

If you are using the installer for version 1.0.1, just uncheck the "This will be an Online Server" option. When this option is uncheck, the installer will not require you to provide an organisation key.

3: Re: Windows Installer
In response to 1 10/25/05 10:17 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi there,

I have yet to successfully install LAMS (on Windows Server 2003). After the JDK install and before MySQL install I get a popup OK box with "Port scanning test encountered a problem. Continuing anyway..."

I can continue the installation (using all default/recommended values) and on completion I can successfully start the LAMS server using the desktop icon but when the web browser tries to access http://localhost:8080/lams I get a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error (Cannot find server or DNS error).

Help? I'd really like to investigate this system further.
Thanks,
Ian

Posted by Ian Allan

4: Re: Windows Installer
In response to 1 10/26/05 07:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The installer runs some tests to check the ports LAMS needs to run. If there are no problems, it won't tell you, but if one of the ports is occupied or unavailable, it will tell you specifically.

However in this case, it wasn't able to check the ports.

I'd check that any software firewall wasn't blocking the java binary's access to network ports (the port scanner runs on java).

If that showed nothing, I'd have a look at the boot log in C:\lams\jboss\server\default\log - boot.log, and server.log. These are usually the most helpful in figuring out startup problems.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

5: Re: Windows Installer
In response to 1 11/15/05 04:29 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hallo everybody,
I'm new to LAMS and I wish to try it.
Where can I find the downloadable LAMS 1.0.2 installer for Windows? I've joined the community but I still cannot find it.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards

Chiara di Biase
Genoa - Italy

Posted by Chiara di Biase

6: Re: Re: Windows Installer
In response to 5 11/15/05 06:51 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Chiara,

You can find the installers and all installations instructions here:

http://lamsfoundation.org/downloads

Thanks,

Ernie

7: Re: Windows Installer
In response to 1 11/16/05 05:09 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Good morning,
thank you very much for your help.
I downloaded and installed the previous version of LAMS, then the update package.
Have a nice day,

Chiara di Biase
Genoa - Italy

Posted by Chiara di Biase

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS