Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Re: Moodle Integration Problem

Search: 

4: Re: Re: Re: Moodle Integration Problem
In response to 3 01/03/08 11:50 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Rod,

I think I know why the admin page is showing blank. It seems that now in 1.9 there's a new library that is conflicting with the lib.xml.dom library... That's the annoying part of using external libraries and not have proper namespaces for libraries. :-(

So here's a hack:

1.- Edit the moodle/mod/lamstwo/lib.php

in line 258 change this line

$domdoc = new XML();

to

$domdoc = new XML1();

Save the changes

2.- Edit the moodle/mod/lamstwo/lib.xml.inc.php

in line 654 change this line:

class XML extends XML_Document {

to

class XML1 extends XML_Document {

Also in line 657 change this line:

function XML($url = '') {

to

function XML1($url = '') {

That should be fix the admin blank page problem and if you have debugging set to minimal, LAMS should work just fine.

Let me know otherwise.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle Integration Problem
In response to 4 01/04/08 01:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie. We are making progress. Thank you!

I edited those files and it corrected that problem. I then setup LAMS and the settings validated correctly. I was then able to start creating a sequence. Everything looked like it was working correctly until I started the sequence. Then I got this error: Could not add a new instance of lamstwo

I logged in to LAMS and I could see the sequence that I just created in moodle when I opened the monitor. It said the sequence was started, however, when I go back to moodle there are no lamstwo sequences.

Rod

Posted by Rod Spears

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle Integration Problem
In response to 5 01/04/08 05:50 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Rod,

I suspect the lamstwo table is missing. The sequence is started on the LAMS side, but Moodle is unable to record the details about the sequence as the table is missing.

Normally I've seen this with MySQL when the strict_trans_tables is turned on and something in the script causes the create table statement to fail. I thought we had fixed the sql - I'll have to check again!

Check your database and make sure the <mdl>_lamstwo table exists, where <mdl> is whatever your normal table prefix is. If it doesn't exist, use the script in the lamstwo package to create the table.

Glad to hear that the import is working. After I posted I wondered if it could be the browser expanding the zip file automatically.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle Integration Problem
In response to 6 01/04/08 10:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks again Fiona. There was a lams table but no lamstwo table. I used the script to set up the table as you suggested and now it is working.

Thanks for the help!

Rod

Posted by Rod Spears

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle Integration Problem
In response to 5 01/07/08 02:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Rod,

I have fixed the problem with the colliding library and also all the Notices/Warnings that it used to throw. So if you download the latest LAMS-Module, it should work no problems even if you have Debugging set to ALL.

Just unzip the file and replace the lamstwo directory in your moodle/mod and it should all be fine (no database changes, so it should work straight away). As usual, do a backup before applying any changes as an extra precaution.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS