Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Installation problem

Search: 

6: Re: Installation problem
In response to 1 10/19/05 09:24 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Couldn't see anything specific in the logs, except for this

2005-10-17 09:07:17,017 INFO [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/usr/local/jboss/server/default/deploy/tomcat41-service.xml
2005-10-17 09:07:17,043 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/usr/local/jboss/server/default/deploy/tomcat41-service.xml
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: instantiating org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaService41 failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContext; - nested throwable: (RuntimeErrorException: instantiating org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaService41 failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContext
Cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContext)

I think you have an improper jboss installation. I would reinstall it manually using the lams server package (lams-server1.0.1.zip) and using the steps at http://www.lamsinternational.com/documentation/manual_p.php?os=redhat#LAMS as a guide. There's no reason it shouldn't work on SuSe 9 as we have two boxes that run on it.

Sorry I can't give more specific advice, but if you're willing to wait a week or so, there should be installers for 1.0.2 available on the LAMS websites (along with updated manuals).

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

9: Re: Re: Installation problem
In response to 6 11/29/05 05:49 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
If you edit the tomcat-4.1 deployer xml and put an absolute path name inplace of the relative path name for catalina home it works. It looks like either the relative path is just wrong or jbos on linux doesnt like the relative path.

It removed this error for me, after 3 hours or restarting jboss, Im not a Jboss expert, but every time I deploy a jboss app something like this goes wrong.... sorry.

HTH

Posted by Ian Boston

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS