Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS Internationalization Update

Search: 

97: Re: LAMS Internationalization Update
In response to 1 06/10/08 12:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dear translators,

We have been experiencing some problems with our server in the UK (LAMS Community and others). The email gateway for the LAMS Community was down so you were not getting messages until yesterday. This has now been fixed.

We have updated the translations server to the latest.

The code for LAMS 2.1 is now all ready for release (yes! Finally!) and we are putting together the installers and upgraders! So now we need to make sure that all translations are final.

Additionally, I have added the new translating feature permanently as the options for translation. Once you go to the i18n site, you will see an option that says "All modules translations in one page". It might take a while to load as it's pulling *all* translating labels in one single page. This is page is good if you want to compare the words that you use across different modules. As we mentioned before, with the search and translate feature, you are able to search words in you own language and see how they are translated across modules. With this new feature you can still see all your translations but also compare them to the English version as well.

Moreover, we have included the new Task List tool. You can have a look at the tool in the Translations site. I'll put together some basic information about how it works shortly so you can understand what it is meant be be used for.

Thank you,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

98: Re: Re: LAMS Internationalization Update
In response to 97 06/11/08 02:21 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Translators,

The Translations server has been updated. Thanks to Taira San for updating the Japanese labels yesterday (over 2000!)

Thank you,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum