Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: This activity has no input transition

Search: 

7: Re: This activity has no input transition
In response to 1 12/01/08 01:50 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Here is the screenshot of the lesson.

Posted by Dave Bauer

Attachments:
11: Re: Re: This activity has no input transition
In response to 7 12/01/08 11:27 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Dave,

I too have been unable to reproduce the error you speak of. I suspect it may have been fixed with code updates that have since taken place after the 2.1 release. Would you mind seeing if you can reproduce the error on our translations server? The address is:

http://translations.lamscommunity.org/lams

username:test3
password:test3

Has the lesson itself been started by any learners when you get the error?

Thanks again

Daniel

Posted by Daniel Carlier

12: Re: Re: Re: This activity has no input transition
In response to 11 12/02/08 09:59 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I created a sequence then added it as a lesson on the translation server.

Next I went into live edit mode and deleted one activity and replaced it with another.

I tried to Apply Changes to save it and it took a very long time, and then I got an error message.

Screenshot attached.

No learners had started the lesson at that point.

To answer your question, on my client's server, I do believe learners had started the activity, I'll double check if I can.

Posted by Dave Bauer

Attachments:
13: Re: Re: Re: Re: This activity has no input transition
In response to 12 12/02/08 11:07 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback. We made some changes yesterday which we believe have now fixed that system error message that you received.

We are currently running the updated code on another one of our servers (which should be a bit faster also). The address is:

http://shaun.melcoe.mq.edu.au/lams

username:test3
password:test3

Could you please see if you are still able to reproduce the problem?

Just as a side note I should point out that if any learners have joined the lesson. Live edit will place a System Gate (a type of stop gate (which explains the additional gate you see in live edit)) immediately after the last activity that has been attempted by one or more learners in the lesson. So this is expected behavior. All activities that come before the system gate should be read only. However you should be able to edit anything after the System Gate. If you're curious, you can investigate what type of gate it is in the property inspector.

Thanks again

Daniel

Posted by Daniel Carlier

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum