Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: LAMS-Moodle integration: navigation problems

Search: 

5: Re: Re: LAMS-Moodle integration: navigation problems
In response to 3 10/30/05 07:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hola Josep,

Yeah, I think we can do this. I'll get Dave to help us out on this one as he's our Flash guru. Maybe the "Exit" button could exit the sequence and close the browser window too (when LAMS is not running standalone). I'm sure we can put some text that explain to the learner that clicking on Exit will return back to Moodle.

Dave?

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

6: Re: Re: Re: LAMS-Moodle integration: navigation problems
In response to 5 10/30/05 04:05 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yes, that's what I meant: when you click on 'Exit' or whatever the browser window closes. As I said, this would be useful not only for people who access from Moodle but from those who access from any of the other LMSs (Sakai, etc.) After you've been working with the LAMS window for a little while you can forget where it all started :-}

Josep M.

Posted by Josep M. Fontana

7: LAMS-Moodle integration: navigation problems
In response to 6 10/30/05 04:39 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I agree that this is a good idea. With several windows open working on different projects, it is sometimes easy to get lost, at least for me. :)

Posted by Dean Shankle

8: Re: LAMS-Moodle integration: navigation problems
In response to 7 10/31/05 06:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yep - it certainly is possible to close the browser window when the Learner clicks the [Exit] button. As you say its important to only close it if the Learner window has been launched to run a specific sequence, as opposed to open for the Learner to choose one or more sequences from the 'Available Sequences' panel. To accomplish this the behaviour of the [Exit] button will be to:

a) Close the window is a LessonID has been passed to the Learner's flash object

b) Just exit the sequence if the no Lesson ID is passed.

BUT!

What if the Learner has started the sequence, got confused and wants to exit and re-start? Then they can no longer use the exit button and then click the sequence title to resume. A minor point perhaps.

In order to flash to close the pop up window, the window must be opened by a JavaScript window.open(), not a html target="_blank" link. So I will have to check to see how it is done now. The JS method will also give us the advantage of removing the standards buttons and address bar which expose the potentially risky Refresh, Back, Forward nav buttons.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted by Dave Caygill

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum