Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The requested resource (/lams/) is not available

Search: 

21: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The requested resource (/lams/) is not available
In response to 20 03/08/09 05:36 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thats ok Stefano,

It does look like there has been some failure with the database, some tables are missing according to the logs. Do you still have the install logs?

They should be stored in the C:\xampp\lams\install-logs directory.

If you could zip those up and send attach them in the next post I might be able to work out what wen wrong from there.

Otherwise it might be an idea to re-install,

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

22: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The requested resource (/lams/) is not available
In response to 21 03/09/09 02:34 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Luke,

I understood what you mean, infact into the install-logs file i found finally something of interesting about the failure.

Following the content about two smart files:

=== configure-deploy.log ===

Buildfile: build.xml

configure-deploy:
[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\IMPOST~1\Temp\lams
[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\xampp\htdocs\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy
[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\xampp\htdocs\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar
[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\xampp\htdocs\lams\jboss-4.0.2\bin
[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\xampp\htdocs\lams
[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\xampp\htdocs\lams

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 2 seconds

=== import-db.log ===
import-db:
[sql] Executing file: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\IMPOST~1\Temp\dump.sql
[sql] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE `lams_events` ( `uid` bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment, `scope` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `event_session_id` bigint(20) default NULL, `triggered` tinyint(4) default NULL, `default_subject` varchar(255) default NULL, `default_message` text, `subject` varchar(255) default NULL, `message` text, `fail_time` datetime default NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`uid`), UNIQUE KEY `uid` (`uid`), KEY `scope` (`scope`,`name`,`event_session_id`) ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

BUILD FAILED
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\IMPOST~1\Temp\build.xml:84: java.sql.SQLException: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

Total time: 3 seconds

Furthermore, I tried to change the location about installation.

Before it was c:\XAMPP\lams now C:\xampp\htdocs\lams, but it doesn't change nothing! Remember that whith LAMS v 2.04 i haven't got any troubles about location directory!

Thanks again

Posted by Stefano Todaro

23: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The requested resource (/lams/) is not available
In response to 22 03/09/09 05:37 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Stefano,

It seems you have come across a MySQL bug, see here:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4541

There have been many new database tables introduced since 2.0.4, and it seems this is the source of the problem you are having.

Its very strange that this has not come up before, especially when I installed using the same configurations as you, and didnt get the problem. Also, there have been many, many other people using lams2.2 window installer who have not had this same problem.

The only thing I can think of is that it must either have something to do with the MySQL configurations that come with XAMPP or the version 5.1 (Strictly speaking LAMS supports 5.0.x distributions of MySQL).

This issue has been raised and we will try to make a work-around for this problem as soon as possible. In the mean time I can only suggest trying a different version of XAMPP (with Mysql 5.0), or simply installing mysql-server 5.0 directly (not bundled with XAMPP)

Sorry I couldnt find you a quick solution, but hopefully you will hear from us very soon

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

24: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The requested resource (/lams/) is not available
In response to 23 03/13/09 09:49 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Luke,

this is my role live: always for is another think than other and for me is very good, so i can understand always somthing more than standard knowlegde.

Ok i'm waiting your answer about the bug with MySql.
Unfortunatly i haven't got any time in this last period.

Thanks forever

Posted by Stefano Todaro

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum