Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: installation on debian sarge fails

Search: 

4: Re: installation on debian sarge fails
In response to 1 11/02/05 06:36 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Have you tried logging into mysql from the command line using user 'root'? It seems funny that the error says access denied for 'root'@'%' when as you say there are already entries for 'localhost' and '$hostname', which I presume should be looked at first by mysql.

Things I would look at are probably to make sure that the mysql.root.password is enclosed in quotation marks; that you can successfully login with the same credentials manually using the mysql client; that the mysql.user table does contain entries for user 'root' with 'localhost' and '$hostname'; and that the entries in /etc/hosts contains your hostname.

If you can login to mysql with root but for some reason can't get the ant target to work, you can always run the db-prep-only target manually - i.e., just run the script called 'grant.sql' which is in the lams-package/sql folder. You must modify the user details in the script first of course. After that you can simply run 'ant install', as this ant target has no need of the mysql root user.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS