Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Moodle/ Lams Integration

Search: 

9: Re: Moodle/ Lams Integration
In response to 8 03/18/09 06:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Chris,

I think that's what Daniel Schneider mentioned something similar here.

But I don't really know why this would be. Jun-Dir?

Have you tried restoring the lams folder but instead of deleting it just hiding the activity? That's what we have done in our lams-moodle demo site.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

10: Moodle/ Lams Integration
In response to 9 03/18/09 09:55 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Ernie

How do I go about restoring the folder. I went to the Moodle Mod folder and see that LAMS folder is still there. lams.php is still in lang folder also. According to moodle docs, it says that unless you delete these folders manualy (as well as deleting LAMS in moodle), the system will autmatically resotre the module next time I access administration. Well, so far no good!

Thanks for the link to Daniel. I might also try contacting him to find out how he made the restore if you are out of answers. Any further suggestions i.e. about restoring LAMS folder.

C:)

Posted by chris mccomb

11: Re: Re: Moodle/ Lams Integration
In response to 9 03/19/09 04:19 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The reason is like Daniel mentioned, that the role capabilities added in 1.8 (I think it was 1.8) are linked to the lams module. Naturally, in the lamstwo module we adhere to the roles. So if you delete the lams module, then the roles themselves go *poof*. Kind of a dependency there.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

12: Moodle/ Lams Integration
In response to 11 03/19/09 04:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks

I heard back from Daniel. He suggested an upgrade, or copy code from (a newly downloaded version of the same Moodle) to solve the problem. I will give one of these a try. Let you know how it goes.

C:)

Posted by chris mccomb

13: Moodle/ Lams Integration FIXED!!!
In response to 12 03/24/09 11:49 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thought you might like to know how I fixed the issue of deleting the original LAMS from Moodle (rendering LAMS 2 useless).

1. All you need to do is download the LAMS moodle module from the LAMS site (unless you already have the unzipped file on your computer)

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Downloads#Downloads-moodle

2. Unzip the file and copy over the LAMS2 folder into Server/Moodle/Mod.

3. As well as this there should be a Lams2.php file. Copy this to server\moodle\lang\en_utf8

4. Now paste http://localhost/admin to create tables (localhost because on my own machine. Different if on a server)

5. Now go to admin and click on LAMS settings. Paste the Url for the LAMS server. In my case it is http://localhost:8080/lams. Enter 'moodle' for the rest of the values (make sure these are the same as those in LAMS itself. (goto the LAMS server, login as admin and click on systemmngt. From there click on maintain integrated servers. You will see the corresponding values there)

6. Do the same for LAMSv2 and this time make sure you validate the settings.

Voila! You should now be able to access LAMSv2 authoring!

I thought that wasn't a bad effort for a newbie!

Christiaan c:)

Posted by chris mccomb

14: Re: Moodle/ Lams Integration FIXED!!!
In response to 13 03/25/09 07:38 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks for sharing, Chris... glad to hear this is fixed :-)

At any rate, I'll add this to our to-do list to check.

Thanks,

ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS