Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Building LAMS 2.2 from Source

Search: 

2: Re: Building LAMS 2.2 from Source
In response to 1 05/06/09 03:43 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
How did you start jboss? Looks like some other configuration has interfered in there. Try starting with a fresh copy of jboss, then re-deploy lams, without doing anything else with jboss. It just needs to sit there while the lams ant tasks copy files to it. You can then run it by executing C:\jboss-4.0.2\bin\run.bat.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

3: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.2 from Source
In response to 2 05/06/09 10:57 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Jun,
I start jBoss by running the C:\jboss-4.0.2\bin\run.bat after having built LAMS.
I started with a fresh copy of jBoss and re-built LAMS, then I start jBoss. I still get the same issue, the server.log for this latest attempt is attached.

The only difference is that now I don't Copy jboss-cache.jar, jgroups.jar from server/all/lib to server/default/lib. The instructions indicate this is no longer required, as for LAMS 2.2, these libraries will be a part of LAMS distribution and will be deployed along with the project. I have checked the C:\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\lams.ear\ directory and these files are present.

If you have any ideas from the server.log attached, please let me know.
Thanks,
Praveen.

Posted by Praveen Pawar

4: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.2 from Source
In response to 2 05/06/09 11:21 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Attachment provided

Posted by Praveen Pawar

Attachments:
5: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.2 from Source
In response to 2 05/07/09 12:52 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Jun,

Just to give you some more information, I had a read of this thread: http://lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=769187

Here you have asked whether the user has mysql-ds.xml in pathToJBoss\server\default\deploy directory. I should note that I do
NOT have this file present, how do I ensure this goes in via the build? There is no mysql-ds.xml in pathToJBoss\server\default\deploy\lams.ear either.

I run the following tasks in the following order:
"rebuild-db"
"assemble-ear"
"deploy-ear"
"deploy-tools"
"copyfiles"

I also had a read this thread: http://lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message%5fid=776401
You have pointed out that src/java/org/lamsfoundation/lams/dbupdates/patch0017_updateFrom23.sql was checked into the branch by accident and this should be removed.

Is this only applicable for the "lams2_3" version?

I have checked out the "lams2_2_final" version however and this file isn't present and the script contents appear to be different too. I assume deleting the "patch0013_updateFrom21.sql" instead would not be applicable here?

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Praveen.

Posted by Praveen Pawar

6: Re: Re: Re: Building LAMS 2.2 from Source
In response to 5 05/07/09 03:36 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The mysql-ds.xml should be copied to C:\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy during the copyfiles ant task.

Does the ant output of 'copyfiles' show that files were copied to the right location - i.e. under C:\jboss-4.0.2\...? In lams_build/windows.properties, you would have needed to configure jboss.home=C:\jboss-4.0.2.

There's no known problem with the patch0013_updateFrom21.sql in the lams2_2_final tag - in fact if you delete that, some features of lams probably wouldn't work properly.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS