Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue

Search: 

4: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 3 10/20/09 08:24 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andy,

> Is that what you mean by able to see the directory structure with the sequences ?

I'm actually talking about the page you click on to create a lesson (see attached image).

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Attachments:
5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 4 10/20/09 09:03 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ernie,

The page I receive when I click on create a lesson is this (see attached image).

Thanks
Andy

Posted by Andy Hamilton

Attachments:
8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moodle 1.9 - Lams 2.3 integration issue
In response to 5 10/20/09 10:00 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Andy,

When you say that you are openning Author, is that by going login directly into LAMS or by clicking on the "Open Author" link *in* moodle?

The error message that you are getting means that Moodle is attempting to get information directly from LAMS but it can't connect to it. So that means that Moodle (the server) cannot make direct connections to the LAMS server on port 80 (to get the list of sequences available).

However, it seems that LAMS (the server) can indeed make calls to Moodle to get user's details.

So, can you check that the LAMS Moodle configuration settings are correct and that the connection validates (see Modules -> Activities -> LAMS v2 in Moodle). Also, check the LAMS Sysadmin menu (Integrated servers).

Also, can you check any firewall settings as well that would prevent the moodle server to make outgoing calls?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS