Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error adding lams lesson activity in Moodle

Search: 

22: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error adding lams lesson activity in Moodle
In response to 21 02/09/10 06:07 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Perhaps we need to increase the 30 second response timeout as a workaround. In moodle/mod/lamstwo/lib.php, can you add two arguments to the soap_client constructor?

In the function 'lamstwo_get_soap_client', make the line that says

$s = new soap_client($wsdl,true,false,false,false,false);

into

$s = new soap_client($wsdl,true,false,false,false,false,0,0);

and we'll see if setting the response timeout to unlimited (0) works for you.

Thanks,

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

23: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error adding lams lesson activity in Moodle
In response to 22 02/10/10 09:52 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
As suggested in the latest fix (http://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LDEV-2086?) I was changed the following line;

$s = new soap_client($wsdl,true,false,false,false,false,3,3);

to

$s = new soap_client($wsdl,true,false,false,false,false,5,5); based on the fix.

But now I removed numbers and made it;
$s = new soap_client($wsdl,true,false,false,false,false);

and it works now :)

Thank you very much,

Posted by Muesser Cemal Nat

24: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error adding lams lesson activity in Moodle
In response to 22 03/10/10 06:23 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

it's me again and I am having the same problem. Because this time my lesson's size is bigger.

I tried all possibilities above but none of them worked :(

Can you suggest me any other solution? Or if you know can I add it manually?

Thank you,
Muesser

25: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error adding lams lesson activity in Moodle
In response to 24 03/10/10 06:08 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Try increasing the value for 'default_socket_timeout' in your php.ini. There is another call using the PHP function file_get_contents when you add a lesson, which calls a LAMS URL - but it isn't a soap call like the add lesson call itself.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

26: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error adding lams lesson activity in Moodle
In response to 25 03/11/10 10:41 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I solved the problem by increasing the timeout and response_timeout values in nusoap.php.

Regards,
Muesser

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum