Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: port change and 404 error after upgrate

Search: 

3: Re: port change and 404 error after upgrate
In response to 1 03/07/10 05:23 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hello Giannis,

Could you post your server.log, or send it to me? I'm not sure what happened here. The file is located in /usr/share/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/log.

Thanks,

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

4: Re: Re: port change and 404 error after upgrate
In response to 3 03/08/10 04:40 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Basically the update is done ok, had nothing to do with the update sequence(it was done automatically through ubuntu update process). The only that go wrong was that it replaced the file server.xml, the one under the server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar but not the one under server/all/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar, so the port in one file was 8080 and in the other one 28080.I change it and it works fine now.I think the update patch should first check the settings.
Thanks very much for the suggestions though.

Posted by giannis ioannidis

5: Re: Re: Re: port change and 404 error after upgrate
In response to 4 03/08/10 06:46 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The debian package doesn't overwrite any jboss configuration files, but it does substitute configuration values entered during installation (these include the server host and port number). If you modify one of these values manually after the install, doing an update will only revert it to what the installer was originally told - that's not a bug.

The 'debian' way would be to run dpkg-reconfigure and let the packaging system know of the new value you want for the port; I haven't tested this with the lams2 package though.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS