Sequence Information Sequence: Ergonomics & Screen with Formative Assesment Description: Keywords: Ergonomics, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Monitor, Screen resolution
Runtime: 2 hours
Delivery Mode: F2F Classroom or Computer Lab
Designing personalized student activities (activities according to needs of students: their interests, learning preferences, and styles – sound, images)
Outline of Activities:
In this lesson, you will explore ...
- What impact can the long-term use of the computer have on our health?
- How should we shape our work environment to make it more enjoyable and relaxing?
- What are the main features of the monitors?
- How can we properly adjust our screen to make it easier for us to work on the computer?
Intented Learning outcome(s)
By the time the students finish the course, they should be able to . . .
1) Describe what is being studied - what does "ergonomics"
2) Mention seven (7) "health-protection principles" when working with the computer
3) Describe four (4) things to take care not to tire our eyes from the computer screen
4) Explain what it is that we see on the "screen" of the computer
5) to distinguish the size from the screen resolution of a computer
Outline of Activities:
I. 1st -Session
1. Students read the intended Learning Outcomes (3’).
2. The teacher presents resources (Poster & Interactive Video ) and discuss discusss with students (12’)
3. Think and note two effects may have to students’ health (3’)
4. Short answers in three questions and peer-assessment of other students’ answers (13’).
5. Students form groups of two (2’)
6. Each group views an animation and discusses “What impact can the long-term misuse of the computer have?” (12’)
II. 2nd- Session
7. Students post their opinions about how to improve their work environment to protect their health and work more efficiently with the computer. Afterwards students peer assess other opinions (15’)
8. Student create a wiki about ergonomics rules (15’)
9. Students answer a multiple choice self-assessment quiz (10’)
10. Students send a message for good ergonomics to their peers with adding an image in class Image gallery (5’).
Audience: High school Subjects: Computer sciences Language: English LAMS Version: 3.1 License: Attribution-Noncommercial Support Files: No files Sharing with: Everyone in Public Status: Active Average Rating: (5). Based on 1 reviews. Number of downloads: 13 times Number of previews: 16 times Authored By: Spyros Papadakis Date: 10 September 2019 10:56 AM User Comments on Ergonomics & Screen with Formative Assesment sequence