Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration

You may request notification for Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration.
Search: 

1: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration
09/28/06 10:38 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Have just spen 40 minutes composing a message and BLAM up in smoke!!!

Here we go again.

Have read threads on this but no joy.

No workspace drop down menu items in Moodle, adding a new LAMS screen and getting this error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Fail to fetch user data from external server:lamsserver01 - Unexpected return HTTP Status
at org.lamsfoundation.ld.security.web.LoginRequestServlet.doGet(LoginRequestServlet.java:165)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

Running LAMS and Moodle on separate servers.
Apache 2
Php 5
Lams 1.02
Moodle 1.6

Getting blank 'Done' browser screen from this URL:

http://localhost/moodle/mod/lams/userinfo.php?un=admin&ts=1141702036812&hs=a8efb1731b1b646cd607a8e153bdec839f74a3bb

Have edited ./mod/lams/lib.php
/// Library of functions and constants for module lams
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/lib/datalib.php');
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/lib/moodlelib.php');
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/lib/soap/nusoap.php');
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/config.php');

Database is called lamsone for some reason (not lams as documentation seems to expect). User table:

mysql> select login from tbl_user;
+-----------+
| login |
+-----------+
| admin |
| author |
| lamsadmin |
| learner |
| teacher |
+-----------+

Thank you in advance.

Paul

Posted by Paul Carden

2: Re: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 1 09/28/06 02:20 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Addendum:

php 4.3.9 is the version we are using.

Also, I set the prefix field to NULL from its original "lm".

Regards

Paul

Posted by Paul Carden

3: Re: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 1 09/28/06 05:16 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have since installed Moodle, LAMs and tried to set up integration as I have done in the above server 'farm'.

The above (in forst post) is a redhat linux AS box.

The latter is an XP laptop. With XP I can create new sequences but no drop down boxes.

I have looked at the tbl_user table and get:

an extra user (compared to the above installation) lm_admin.

Does Moodle attempt to talk to LAMS using a different username construction. I did not fully follow the thread which spoke of duplicate users. Is admin technically a duplicate of lm_admin?

Also, when I load the 'Adding a new LAMS' screen the lams access log does not change and the lines (mentioned in another related thread) are not present at all in the log, e.g.:

127.0.0.1 - - [21/Mar/2006:10:00:29 10000] "GET /lams/services/LearningDesignService?wsdl HTTP/1.1" 200 3202
127.0.0.1 - - [21/Mar/2006:10:00:31 10000] "POST /lams/services/LearningDesignService HTTP/1.0" 200 2736

When I try to enter the callback URL from ext_server_org_map the browser changes %username%, in the querystring, to paul the xp login name.

I shall try creating a user called paul.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by Paul Carden

5: Re: Re: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 3 09/28/06 05:38 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ooops!!!! with the first post system, the important one (not the XP), Moodle is on a Redhat server but LAMS is on a Windows 2003 server.

Posted by Paul Carden

4: Re: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 1 09/28/06 05:35 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Creating a user called paul produced a narrow but blank drop down box DDB but changing this username to lm_paul again produces a blank DDB but 5-6 times wider.

Setting it back to paul then has no effect. Maybe just an irrelevance but it seemed for a moment that my XP username was effecting my moodle to lams username.

Sorry about 'post/talking to myself' but I am desperate to sort this out for Monday 9am and want to leave no stone unturned!

I can see how this is developing into two threads, a Windows 2003 server problem and an XP laptop problem.

But am I right in thinking that if my Moodle settings are the same on both servers I just have to get the XP install working and then export the relevent tables to the windows server lams?

Posted by Paul Carden

6: Re: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 1 09/28/06 06:04 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Paul,

For both your Moodle servers (the test one on your XP laptop, and the production one on your Red Hat machine), you need to make sure that the require line for 'config.php' in the file 'moodle/mod/lams/lib.php' comes before the other require lines:

/// Library of functions and constants for module lams
require_once('/path/to/moodle/config.php');
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/lib/datalib.php');
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/lib/moodlelib.php');
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/lib/soap/nusoap.php');

This is because the $CFG variable is actually read from config.php, so you can't actually use it to specify where config.php is - chicken and egg scenario.

Once you fix this I think your drop down lists should be populated properly.

The other thing is that the prefix shouldn't be NULL, but it seems that's fixed.

About the user 'lm_admin' and 'admin' - lm_admin is the LAMS equivalent of your Moodle user, which happens to have the username 'admin'. The other 'admin' in the LAMS database is LAMS' own built-in 'admin'. 'lm_admin' only appears when you've logged into Moodle and started to use the LAMS module.

You asked whether you'd be able to transfer the LAMS integration tables from one LAMS to another... you can do this with the ext_server_org_map table, but you'd have to make sure each parameter is correct anyway, such as the callback_url and orgid (an organisation with the same orgid needs to exist on the LAMS server). So it's much the same as setting up a new table afresh.

Let us know how you go!

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

7: Re: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 1 09/29/06 12:26 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Jun-Dir,
Thank you very much or to demonstrate my error and my original lib.php, you very much thank.

I have learned a lot in getting to this point and thanks for the prompt response.

Paul

Posted by Paul Carden

8: Re: Blank worksapce and create sequence error in Moodle-LAMS integration
In response to 1 11/29/06 07:51 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Haha

Thanks you so much because I spent many time to find out this wrong

When I met your topic, it's solve!

Thanks....

Posted by Hoang Van Huan

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS