Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Lams Moodle Integration Problem

Search: 

7: Re: Lams Moodle Integration Problem
In response to 1 01/16/06 03:13 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks for the info Jun.

I have compelted the integration and I can call up the application from within Moodle. They appear to work well on the face of it.

Stiil got to use the same to see if I have a good grip on the application and its working.

CAN YOU ADVISE A FEW SITES WHERE THE APPLICATION IS WORKING AS STAND ALONE AND ALSO IN CONJUNCTION WITH MOODLE.

Though not a problem I want to suggest that the installation prerequisite that a root password is mandatory should be done away with. This should be an optional requirement.

Regards

Garry

Posted by Bhupinder Singh

8: Re: Re: Lams Moodle Integration Problem
In response to 7 01/16/06 02:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Garry,

> Though not a problem I want to suggest that the installation
> prerequisite that a root password is mandatory should be
> done away with. This should be an optional requirement.

Is the root password you are refering to for MySQL?

If so, I think having no password for MySQL is a very big security hazard (specially on Windows systems). But don't take my word for it, just run a search on MySQL security tips and you'll see that setting a good password for MySQL root is at the top of the list.

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

9: Re: Re: Lams Moodle Integration Problem
In response to 7 01/16/06 02:45 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
> CAN YOU ADVISE A FEW SITES WHERE THE APPLICATION IS WORKING
> AS STAND ALONE AND ALSO IN CONJUNCTION WITH MOODLE.

We have here a few sites that are using the same LAMS instance for several integration sites. For instance, if you try our LAMS/.LRN integration demo server, you will see that it uses the same LAMS instance as the LAMS/Moodle one.

A LAMS server can handle one or many integrations plus work as standalone LAMS as well.

As long as each external system (Moodle, Sakai, Blackboard, WebCT, .LRN, etc) has its own LAMS Organization (see here for further details).

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS