Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: LAMS & Moodle Integration--Activity Call up Error

Search: 

4: Re: LAMS & Moodle Integration--Activity Call up Error
In response to 1 02/12/06 09:09 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The 404 j_security_check error is a bug in the original 1.0.2 version of LAMS, to fix it you should replace the lams-valve.jar in that release with the one jeremy posted above.

> I notice that the last line is a new addition I am not clear what this calls up??

Do you mean the nusoap line? That's required for communication between the LAMS module and LAMS. There's an issue with using PHP5 with the LAMS integration - basically it has a built in soap library that doesn't work with the LAMS module. You can see the thread about this in this forum, there's a workaround.

> Are my subsequent problems due to blocking out the line. If I should not block it what should this point to???

There shouldn't be a need to block out any line, except for the nusoap one, if you are using PHP5 and it's built in soap support (but this should only be temporary, while a more permanent solution is made by the developers).

> After the insrtallation of and creation of the database I believe we have to manually enter something into the table created ???

Yep, you have to create the entry in LAMS' database so it knows where to send responses to. See this page, http://lamsfoundation.org/integration/lamsintegration/, for details.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS