Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: LAMS & Moodle Integration--Activity Call up Error

Search: 

11: Re: LAMS & Moodle Integration--Activity Call up Error
In response to 1 02/21/06 09:18 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I am only accessing using
http://localhost/lams

My moodle integration is not yet done becauese I want to have a stable LAMS installation first.

I have not made any changes to the JBOSS. I could try a fresh install if you so suggest once again.

When I set the parameters and run The installation the message of successful LAMS installation comes at the end and when I go to the MY SQL and check out there is no database/ created.

I was thinking that the paths and environbment variables may be a problem. It would be nice if the Environment variables that are set could be checked. COuld you advise the path and variables settings for the Apache, JBOSS, JSDK etc be checked. It would be nice if the variables be advised so as to ensure that the problem isnot at this level.(JUST A THAUGHT--PROCESS OF ELIMINATION) .
The variables set are as under:

ANT_HOME e:\lams\apache_ant\
CATALINA_HOME e:\lams\jboss\tomcat-4.1.x\
java_home e:\program files\java\jdk\
JBOSS_HOME e:\lams\jboss\
jre e:\program files\java\j2re1.4.2_10\bin\javaw.exe
path: e:\jsdk\

Above I have reproduced the paths as they are set in my systems. Could you ahve a look at these to see if they are correct??.

I could give a fresh go at the install after these are varified and modifications if any needed to be done.

PS: After the install the starup and login page apperas as a text page and the Explorer does not open. COuld this lead to Dx of the problem on my installation.

Thanks once again in trying 6o solve my predicament.

Garry

Posted by Bhupinder Singh

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS