Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Help in restore-backup procedure.

Search: 

2: Re: Help in restore-backup procedure.
In response to 1 01/18/09 06:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Dionysios

I'm not sure what happened when you used the restore-lams.exe, but if you could post the startup logs from C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\log, then that might say something about why it didn't start up - up to you if you want to follow this up :)

With the manual backup, you need to restore at least 2 things to get lams running - the database, and also the C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default directory. This contains the lams.ear and a few jboss config files. It may be easier to simply backup the whole C:\lams, which is what the wiki suggests. Did you remember to restore the C:\lams files as well as the database?

> I placed experimental ‘s server hostname in production server

Do you mean the server's machine name, or LAMS' ServerURL? You don't need to update the machine's name, but when restoring a backup, you do need to update the ServerURL depending on the URL you are restoring the server to. However if you get this wrong it won't stop LAMS from starting up.

Addendum:

I mentioned you need at least 2 things to restore to get lams running - but to get lams fully functional, you also should restore the content repository (usually C:\lams\repository) and the Wildfire database (usually C:\Program Files\Wildfire\embedded-db if you chose to use the embedded database).

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS