Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP

Search: 

5: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 3 01/21/09 08:37 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi. Thanks.

That probably is the explanation. I first tried to install LAMS on c:\Program Files\LAMS and the installer said spaces weren't permitted so I used c:\LAMS.

Java is installed on Program Files. I don't think I gave any My Documents paths to the installer. So I'm not sure where the Documents and Settings came from.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

6: Re: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 5 01/21/09 09:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
It is a problem with environment variables that reference My Documents. I changed newant.bat to @echo on and found this:

C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin>if "yes" == "no" goto runAntNoClasspath
and was unexpected at this time.

C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin>if not ".;"C:\Documents and Settings\Ken Kahn\My Documents\eclipse\MoPiX2\src\com.kisgergely.gwt.canvas.jar";c:\program files\junit-4.4.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\lib\ext\QTJava.zip"=="" goto runAntWithClasspath

C:\lams\apache-ant-1.6.5\bin>

Posted by Ken Kahn

11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 6 02/01/09 03:19 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The installation problems on my first computer were due to the value of CLASSPATH that included a quoted file from My Documents. That is where the "and" error message originated. After editing CLASSPATH it installed fine. Working fine now on computer #1. Will look into computer #2 soon (service not created problem).

Thanks for everyone's help.

Posted by Ken Kahn

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS