Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP

Search: 

9: Re: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 8 01/29/09 04:59 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi.

I get the same error about no installed service as I reported earlier (see previous attachment for details). There is a C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default folder but no log sub-folder. The C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\logs folder is empty.

Best,

-ken

Posted by Ken Kahn

10: Re: Re: Re: Re: Failure to install 2.2 on Windows XP
In response to 9 01/29/09 04:37 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Ken,

The only explanation I can come up with is that the script to register the service in windows has failed. I guess the best option is to re-run the scripts manually to see if that works.

In lams/jboss-4.0.2/bin you will find the scripts that de-registers and registers the LAMSv2 service.

First run "UninstallLAMS-NT.bat" then run "InstallLAMS-NT.bat"

Then Check in Control-Panel->Administrative Tools->Services to see if the LAMSv2 service has appeared (If you already have the services window open you will need to refresh). If you find that this still does not work, open both the files in an editor and delete the first line 'echo off' and this might give us some error output we can use.

Hopefully this will fix the problem, otherwise we may need to dissect the script and run each command manually to find where the problem is.

luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS