Forum Problems Installing LAMS: LAMS and MySQL

You may request notification for LAMS and MySQL.
Search: 

1: LAMS and MySQL
02/13/09 12:10 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I am trying to install LAMS on a server running Moodle and I keep getting the following error:

Install failed. Error creating the LAMS database. Check your MySql settings and try again.

All of my MySQL settings seem to be right. I have MYSQL set to the right port and it is open and active. I'm just at my wits end in terms of what to do here. Do I need to create the tables ahead of time? Is there some permission I am supposed to set in MySQL that I am missing?

Posted by David McGeary

2: Re: LAMS and MySQL
In response to 1 02/13/09 03:25 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Could this possibly be an issue with mysql connector?

Posted by David McGeary

3: Re: LAMS and MySQL
In response to 1 02/14/09 06:34 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi David,

If it is failing to create the lams database, could it be that the root password for MySQL is incorrect? Do you have MySQL 5 installed?

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

4: Re: LAMS and MySQL
In response to 1 02/15/09 05:52 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi David,

Just thought I would add an extra question in here: Are you using a bundled version of MySQL like WAMP or XAMPP?

If so, there are specific instuctions on how to install LAMS using these versions at:

http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Installing+MySQL+on+Windows+for+LAMS

Luke

Posted by Luke Foxton

5: Re: Re: LAMS and MySQL
In response to 4 02/16/09 09:32 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thank you both so much for your tips/follow-up questions. MySQL is running and the admin pwd is set. Moodle 1.9.4 has been active on this server and using MySQL for quite sometime now. I can login to the MySQL controls and see the tables set-up.

Posted by David McGeary

6: Re: Re: Re: LAMS and MySQL
In response to 5 02/16/09 09:42 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have no idea why this worked, but I created a log folder and set permissions to all and the install went through without a hitch. I wonder why that should matter...

Thanks again for your help!

Posted by David McGeary

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS