Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: build from source, and create installer

Search: 

2: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 1 09/07/09 03:06 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Marco,

If you install the sun JDK and MySQL on the server, then you can probably just:

From your laptop
1.- copy the entire jboss directory
2.- do a database dump of the LAMS db
3.- copy all the repository files

On the server (assumming that you have installed Sun JDK and MySQL)

4.- paste the jboss directory (in the exact same directory as it was on your laptop)
5.- create the database in MySQL and import the dump (from your laptop)
6.- paste the repository files (in the same location as they were in your laptop)

Start jboss, login into LAMS as sysadmin and go to the Sysadmin menu and change the Server URL to the URL you want to use in the server.

Also, if you have installed openfire (jabber server) on the server, change the Chat server URL, username and password.

And voila!

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 2 10/13/09 06:51 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
a few weeks later

and i'm still trying to do some clean installer ..
i have 3 schools that i take care of..

i downloaded the linux installer and the cvs code made every modifications needed to the code and compile everything and i pick the lams_build deploy folder and copy the content to the lams linux installer deploy folder and it installed fine but some tools are not working ..

i want to be able to distribute the lams installation so that i can just sent to the school every-time i make some modification..

had anyone had the same trouble.. ??

Posted by Marco Ramos

4: Re: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 3 10/13/09 04:38 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
What kind of modifications do you want to make? Is it something you can edit in one of the files in the installer package directly?

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 4 10/14/09 08:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
i have changed the login method... now i authenticate users using a perl script that was already on the system(don't ask me why)..

now i need to make an installer with that modifications... on my local machine all works fine(ant deploy).. but if i give the (deploy dir inside the lams-unix-installer-2.3/assembly/ so that remote users can run install-lams.sh ) some tools are not working :) 90% of them the login works fine and website administration...

thanks for any direction
marco

Posted by Marco Ramos

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 5 10/14/09 05:55 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
OK, if it works for you locally, it should be just a matter of copying your changes in the jboss lams.ear folder to the lams-unix-installer's assembly/lams.ear folder. If any of the changes aren't in that folder then you may want to modify install-lams.sh to place your files where they need to be.

> but if i give the (deploy dir inside the lams-unix-installer-2.3/assembly/ so that remote users can run install-lams.sh ) some tools are not working :)

If you run the deploy-ear task into a different folder, remember that deploy-tools will need to use the same folder - the tool deployer modifies lams.ear/META-INF/application.xml. If that doesn't happen tools won't work.

Safest bet is to deploy into jboss as normal, then copy over to the installer folder.

Posted by Jun-Dir Liew

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: build from source, and create installer
In response to 6 10/16/09 05:05 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
that was it...
many thanks

marco

Posted by Marco Ramos

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum