Sequence Information Sequence: Sharmaine Spencer - HSC Legal Studies - Sentencing and Punishment. EDUC261 Description: Keywords: HSC Legal Studies - Sentencing and Punishment LAMS Lesson (EDUC261)
Run time: 40 Minutes
Delivery Mode: In class preferably, online - could be completed out of class but group work would work better in class.
Resources: Pearson's HSC Legal Studies Third Edition Textbook (Authors: D. Hamper, B. Derwent, J. Boesenberg, M. Hayes, N. Thiering). State Library of New South Wales HSC Legal Studies guide on Sentencing and Punishment. (Not needed)
Outline of Activities: Multiple Choice, Question and Answer, Video, Media Article Analysis, Group Work, Forum discussions.
Meets the following outcomes:
• H5 – explain the role of law in encouraging and resolving conflict, as well as initiating and responding to change.
• H6 – Assess the nature of the interrelationship between the legal system and society.
• H7 – Evaluates the effectiveness of the law in achieving justice.
• H8 – Locates, selects, organizes, synthesizes and analyses legal information from a variety of sources including legislation, cases, media, international instruments, and documents.
• H10 – Analyses differing perspectives and interpretations of legal information and issues.
Audience: High school Other Subjects: Law Political science Sociology Other Language: English LAMS Version: 2.5.0. License: Attribution-NoDerivatives Support Files: No files Sharing with: Everyone in Public Status: Active Average Rating: Not rated yet! Number of downloads: 1 times Number of previews: 11 times Authored By: Sharmaine Sommer Spencer Date: 04 January 2015 05:40 AM User Comments on Sharmaine Spencer - HSC Legal Studies - Sentencing and Punishment. EDUC261 sequence